Education Instruction·Portland Christian School Westport Campus
Substitute Teacher - Portland Christian School
Teaching Truth, Touching Lives, Since 1924. Join our PCS Team in its 100th year!
We usually respond within three days
The Substitute Teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God. The teacher shall:
Follow lesson plans provided by the regular Teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students
Manage the classroom effectively to encourage student participation, minimize distractions and maintain a positive learning environment
Adapt teaching methods to fit the needs of each individual student
Supervise students in and out of the classroom
For long-term substitutes: develop lesson plans and assignments consistent with the regular teacher’s past lesson plans and integrate biblical principles in the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration.
PORTLAND CHRISTIAN SCHOOL'S STATEMENT OF FAITH:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, and only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy3:15; II Peter 1:21)
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1;Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11;Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe that all people sin and can be saved only by God’s grace through faith in Christ crucified and raised from the dead (Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, I Corinthians 15:1-5), that such are justified freely through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24, Ephesians 1:7), that unless one is born again, of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God (John 3:3-7), that repentance is an essential part of true faith (Mark 1:15, Luke 13:3-5, Acts 20:21), that the outward way of demonstrating one’s inward faith and repentance and the union with Christ that results is through immersion in water (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:38, Romans 6:1-4).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life,and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe God created the sacrament of marriage to be the union of one man and one woman and is a reflection of Christ's relationship to his church (Ephesians 5:25-27).
7. We believe that God wonderfully created each person as distinctly male or female. These two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:27).
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13;Galatians 3:26-28).
9. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).
10. We believe that Christians' top priorities are the Great Commandment and the Great Commission: that we should seek for ourselves and our students that we love the Lord with all our being and love our neighbor asourselves and seek to make disciples of the Lord Jesus in all the world (Matthew22:36-40; Matthew 28:18-20).
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Portland Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.
Agreement and consent to School's Statement of Faith